Many of us are now in the uncharted territory of working remotely, and adjusting to new ways of working is an opportunity for us to learn and grow. We’ve compiled a set of tips & tricks to help you make the most out of working from home. Today’s tip: Maximizing Microsoft Teams. If you haven’t already incorporated Microsoft Teams into your daily work, now’s the perfect time to explore all the features it has to offer.
1. Chat | Use the chat feature to quickly and easily connect with your colleagues. Make sure you explore all the gifs and emojis to have some fun conveying your sentiment.
2. Call | You can voice or video call any of your colleagues directly in Teams. You can also screen share, making collaboration even easier.
3. Files | Use SharePoint to store and collaborate on files without having to worry about version control: multiple collaborators can edit a document at the same time. Here’s how.
4. Teams Meetings | Combine all of the above by moving all your meetings to Teams. Teams meetings improve the conference call experience by being able to connect with your colleagues via webcam (make sure to turn on video when you enter a meeting). And, the screen-share feature is helpful if you are presenting to a larger group. Here are some additional Teams meeting tips:
- Call on every person – ask questions, get perspectives, and ensure you hear from everyone during the call.
- If it’s a large call, mute everyone but use the chat function for people to surface questions and comments. Then, you can call on them and un-mute so they can ask their question or make their comment.
- Keep the meetings short (90 minutes max). If you have a lot to cover, break the meetings into a series of shorter sessions spread over the course of a couple of days and use the between time for people to reflect and then add additional thinking into the next session.
Want more tips for remote working? See the full list here.