After a rigorous tryout process, the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) announced the 2021-24 National team and many of our Vail Resorts colleagues made the final cut.
The tryouts concluded in Breckenridge, CO earlier this month where 76 top snowsport instructors from across the U.S. competed for a spot on the team. Last week, 29 team members were selected for the national team – with 12 of the selected members coming from Vail Resorts. In addition, there are 2 coaches from Vail Resorts who are also members of the national team.
This is an incredible accomplishment for our colleagues. The PSIA-AASI National Team sets the standard for snowsports instruction in the U.S. During typical four-year terms (three years for this team due to last year’s tryout cancellation), selected team members provide education, certification, training and development opportunities to improve the knowledge and ability of snowsports instructors across the country and within Vail Resorts.
Each team member specializes in one of five disciplines – adaptive, alpine, cross country, snowboard, or telemark.
Please join us in congratulating the new national team members on this achievement:
- Michael Rogan - Alpine Coach– Heavenly
- Eric Rolls - Snowboard Coach – Park City
- Mike Hafer – Alpine – Breckenridge
- Ben Potts – Alpine – Breckenridge
- Dusty Dyar – Alpine – Crested Butte
- Robin Barnes – Alpine – Heavenly
- Ryan Christofferson – Alpine – Heavenly
- Brian Donovan – Snowboard – Mt. Snow
- Amy Gan – Snowboard – Mt. Snow
- Mike Ma – Adaptive – Mt. Snow
- Keith Rodney – Telemark – Mt. Snow
- Chuck Hewitt – Snowboard – Vail
- Chris Rogers – Snowboard - Vail
- Lyndsey Stevens – Snowboard - Vail